What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of many services of the information society. Among other things, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer, and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- First-party cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies. In the event that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time that they remain stored in the client’s browser, which may be:
- Session cookies: Designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: The data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with six types of cookies depending on the purpose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical cookies: Those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, making the application for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the broadcasting of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: These allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics depending on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: These enable the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
- External social network cookies: These are used so that visitors can interact with the content of different social platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) and are generated only for users of these social networks.
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the option of allowing, blocking or deleting the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the services available may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the
Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser’s Help menu where you can find instructions. You may at any time choose which cookies you want to operate on this website.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windowsvista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-suspreferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the cookies store in your browser using tools such as the following:
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com
- Your Online Choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used on https://jadetower.es/
The cookies that are being used on this website are identified below, as well as their type and function:
In view of this information it is possible to carry out the following actions:
Accept cookies: This warning will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during the current session.
Close:The warning is hidden on this page.
Modify your configuration: You can obtain more information on what cookies are, find out about the Cookies Policy of: https://jadetower.es/ and modify the configuration of your browser.
* This is not an official translation and may not be used as reference for legal purposes. In any case, the Spanish version available on this website https://jadetower.es/politica-de-cookies/ shall be used.
Cordia Homes is one of the largest corporate residential real estate investment and development groups in Central and Eastern Europe.